Monday, March 2, 2009

Rudolfina Redoute Masquerade


So, last week Monday I went to a crazy cool ball at the imperial palace in Vienna (the Hofburg). Vienna's Ball season is famous around the world, it lasts from December-May, but the real old ones are only until Ash Wednesday so I wanted to make sure I experienced one of the historically significant ones while I was here, and what better than a masquerade?!?! I found a dress for 20 Euro at this hysterical Chinese store, and an awesome mask at the biggest market in Vienna, the Naschmarkt. The night was amazing! I went with my friend Maggie, but there were a bunch of people from my program there as well. We met some Austrian fraternity guys who told us who all the important people there were and taught us how to waltz! We waltzed and polka danced, and did what I call "pride and prejudice" style line dances with lots of curtsying and spinning. By far my favorite was the "running polka." It was definitely a great Viennese experience that I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your mask and have enjoyed your pictues!

    ReplyDelete